We’re looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Technical Support Engineer to identify, diagnose and resolve customers issues. The Technical Support Engineer will be a part of PlainID’s Global Support Team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a challenging, fast-paced environment as part of a high-performance team. Here at PlainID, we strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential.
As a Technical Support Engineer (Tier 1-2), you will be:
● Taking ownership of support tickets of various products (both on-premises and Cloud solutions) reported by customers or internal stakeholders.
● Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting system issues, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
● Coordinating support case resolution with the appropriate internal teams: R&D, Professional Services, Project Managers and Product.
● Following standard procedures for proper escalation of critical or unresolved issues.
● Develop expertise in all PlainID products and stay up to date on new features and improvements.
● Documenting best practices, procedures and creating both internal and customer facing Knowledge Base articles.
● Automating support processes and test scenarios to accelerate troubleshooting processes.
● Min 5 years of technical customer support experience in a software company
● Min 2 years’ experience with REST API testing – using Postman or equivalent tool
● Min 1 year experience with SQL, Linux and Bash scripting, log file analysis
● Can-do approach and willingness to learn new technologies
● Great interpersonal skills and team player
● Good problem-solving and analytical skills, attention to details
● Great written and oral communication skills
● Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
● Willingness to work between 10am-7pm CST and be on-call on weekends/ holidays if needed
● Willingness to work remotely from a home office
● Experience with Python, Jira, Kibana – an advantage
● Familiarity with identity and access management – an advantage
● Experience in the Information Security field – an advantage